Gulf Country Community Events
Here are some regular community events that occur in the Gulf Country region of Queensland, Australia:
- Burketown Rodeo and Campdraft - This event takes place every May and features traditional rodeo events and campdrafting competitions.
- Gulf Country Frontier Days Festival - Held in August, this festival celebrates the region's frontier history with live music, cultural performances, and historical displays.
- Karumba Community Anglers Classic - A popular fishing competition that takes place every September in Karumba.
- Doomadgee Rodeo - This rodeo, held every October, features bull riding, barrel racing, and other rodeo events.
- Croydon Heritage and Information Centre Markets - These markets take place every second Sunday from April to September and offer locally made arts and crafts, food, and entertainment.
- Normanton Rodeo - A traditional rodeo event held every September in Normanton.
- Gulf Horsemanship Challenge - This annual event, held in Karumba, brings together horse riders and trainers to compete in various challenges.
- Burketown Fish-a-thon - A fishing competition held every June in Burketown.
- Gulf Western Plains Cricket Carnival - This cricket tournament brings together teams from across the Gulf Country region every September.
- Gulf Country Campdraft Finals - A competition featuring experienced horse riders and their working dogs, held every October in Georgetown.